Led by Dr. Kevin Hyde of Mae Feh Luang University in Chiang Rai, Thailand, a group of fungal experts and enthusiasts joined together a decade ago to set up the Mushroom Research Centre (MRC) in a forested area, north of the city of Chiang Mai in the northern Thailand.
The Mushroom Research Centre Facilities
- Laboratory: fully equipped and state-of-the art - designed for fungal study
- Library: an up to date mycological library
- Lecture Hall: equipped with an audio visual facility
- Student Accommodation: Chalets in the forest and rooms down by the lake
- Restaurant: equipped with wifi internet, serving delicious food and a great place to relax
The Mushroom Research Centre Services
- Workshops: a series of workshops are run throughout the year
- Individual/Group Research: students and researchers are welcome to stay at MRC from a few days to a few months in order to complete project work on fungi in a stipulated time period
- Online Fungal Indentification:
- F-Team Regional Fungal Checklist: MRC undertake the task of preparing a regional fungal check-list within a stipulated time for any needy country
Stepping into the Centre, one will feel fungal ambience in everything, be it the building designs, wall architecture, pictures, furniture design, signs and even in the miniature key chains!
We would like to extend a warm welcome to the mycological fraternity and students of mycology and invite them to make full use of MRC. It is fully functional and will be available to students and visiting researchers from January 1, 2013.
Please contact us with your requirements.